Dal Niente is hiring interns for the upcoming 2015-2016 season. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable operations experience with a leading new music organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Update the Chicago venue research project (intern would physically visit venues in order to deepen the Dal Niente relationship)
- Assist with social media, marketing, and PR strategic development
- Assist in the organization and design of concert programs and other concert materials
- Maintain the donor database
- Help order and manage the library / score database
- Archive past projects
- Assist on-site at Chicago-based Dal Niente concerts and events throughout the season with possible tasks including but not limited to:
- Assist Operations Director with preparations for concerts in the weeks leading up to the event
- Provide on-site manual assistance for load-in, set up, and stage changes
- Staff marketing table at events: sell Dal Niente merchandise, facilitate the dissemination of marketing materials, facilitate email list signups and audience surveys, answer inquiries from patrons, etc.
The ideal candidate for this position is driven, self-motivated, able to work independently, willing to follow direction, works well as part of a team, and detail oriented. The intern will have strong multi-tasking skills; music knowledge; understanding of Google Docs, Google Drive and Gmail; be Social Media savvy; have the ability to follow-through on large projects; and has their own laptop computer in working condition.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and 1-2 page resume listing all relevant experience with the creation and presentation of music, arts administration skills, and leadership roles. Email materials to Kayleigh Butcher at email@example.com.